Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43

Thread: Sexism in the Armed forces

  1. #1
    Forum God Cherry-Sulphur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    England - That means I am better than you.
    Posts
    1,212

    Exclamation Sexism in the Armed forces

    I am posting this as part of an English project. We are doing a debate project and we have to present our side of an argument of our own choice. I chose sexism in the armed forces.
    There was a medic in the US that ran through gunfire to attend to the casulties of comrades. They were awarded a silver combat medal for this, the third highest combat medal avaiable.
    They were then removed from the mission for breaking restriction rules. Why? She was a woman.
    Opinions? Shoot.
    TigerLilly <3
    Austin:
    oh so you were thinking about your cat shitting blood without any kind of evil plot?
    Quote Originally Posted by In Winter View Post
    Screw that, i'll wack it to Nyan Cat.

  2. #2
    Forum God sugarcane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In my head, trying to escape.
    Posts
    3,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry-Sulphur View Post
    Shoot.
    pun intended?
    Today's Song NIN: Something I Can Never Have

    A piece of dung by any other name would smell just as bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Waits
    ... the odd thing about this life is always that you spend half your time trying to get people to listen to you and the rest of the time trying to get them to leave you the fcuk alone.

  3. #3

    Default

    Ancient sexist policies, standards and practices. As the world wakes up from itself, these will change, and bringing it out in the open will facilitate that.

  4. #4
    Admin Muzoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada - England's Queen, to us, is just some fugly chick on our money :)
    Posts
    14,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry-Sulphur View Post
    I am posting this as part of an English project. We are doing a debate project and we have to present our side of an argument of our own choice. I chose sexism in the armed forces.
    There was a medic in the US that ran through gunfire to attend to the casulties of comrades. They were awarded a silver combat medal for this, the third highest combat medal avaiable.
    They were then removed from the mission for breaking restriction rules. Why? She was a woman.
    Opinions? Shoot.
    I'd need more info on this particular story to go on....any links?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #5
    Forum God sugarcane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In my head, trying to escape.
    Posts
    3,588

    Default

    I suppose the reasoning for keeping women out of front line combat is because women are creators of life, and men are biologically supposed to be shielding women from that kind of thing.

  6. #6

    Default

    What was a woman doing out of the kitchen or the bedroom in the first place!
    Congratulations to Black Sabbath! The winner of the 2011 MF Metal Battle of the Bands!

    Congratulations to Opeth! The winner of the 2011 MF Post-1990 Metal Battle of the Bands!

  7. #7
    Super Moderator In Winter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    15,692
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I think the whole thing about men vs women is pretty idiotic in my opinion. Men can do things better than women, and women can do things better than men. Sexism of any kind is bullshit. We all live on earth, we shouldn't have to be competing against each other to be the better person.

  8. #8

    Default

    Women created the greatest invention in the entire world...



    ...the bj.


    They win.

  9. #9
    Admin Muzoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada - England's Queen, to us, is just some fugly chick on our money :)
    Posts
    14,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by In Winter View Post
    I think the whole thing about men vs women is pretty idiotic in my opinion. Men can do things better than women, and women can do things better than men. Sexism of any kind is bullshit. We all live on earth, we shouldn't have to be competing against each other to be the better person.
    +1

    Oprah is a better talk show host than Montel....because she is a woman.

    If I was on the front lines, and had a choice, I'd have men at my back...because they are men.

    The sexes are different....get over it.

    War zones need aggression/testosterone and plenty of it...

  10. #10

    Default

    statistically, yes there's a difference between the sexes, but individually it doesn't mean much. You could have a 4 foot man that couldn't shoot a barn door or a 6 foot female body builder that could shoot the eyebrows off a gnat. The point is you shouldn't make premature judgments based on gender.

  11. #11

    Default

    While there are biological differences, women can show all the necessary traits to fight a war.
    MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW

  12. #12
    Admin Muzoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada - England's Queen, to us, is just some fugly chick on our money :)
    Posts
    14,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
    While there are biological differences, women can show all the necessary traits to fight a war.
    Ya...then they can get your back.

    I want the boys behind me.

    I have many family members here high up in Canadian Military, and they all will disagree with females having "all the necessary traits".

    Some women, maybe...but as a collective, no...not at all. The natural aggression is just not there....and it's not supposed to be there either.

    Same reason as when the FBI hunts a serial killer, 99% of the time they know they are searching for a male.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
    Women created the greatest invention in the entire world...



    ...the bj.


    They win.
    Plankton speaks the truth

  14. #14
    Admin Muzoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada - England's Queen, to us, is just some fugly chick on our money :)
    Posts
    14,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
    Women created the greatest invention in the entire world...



    ...the bj.


    They win.
    The flipside, is that maybe it was a man that said

    "hey, I have an idea....get on your knees for a minute..."

  15. #15
    Forum God sugarcane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In my head, trying to escape.
    Posts
    3,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muzoid View Post
    Ya...then they can get your back.

    I want the boys behind me.

    I have many family members here high up in Canadian Military, and they all will disagree with females having "all the necessary traits".

    Some women, maybe...but as a collective, no...not at all. The natural aggression is just not there....and it's not supposed to be there either.

    Same reason as when the FBI hunts a serial killer, 99% of the time they know they are searching for a male.
    I'd be inclined to agree with these statements.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •