View Poll Results: Mac Vs. PC

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mac

    5 27.78%
  • PC

    13 72.22%
  • Neither/Other

    0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: Mac Vs PC

  1. #1
    Master Member thefallofjake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    There's a hole in the world like a great black pit and the vermin of the world inhabit it.
    Posts
    625

    Default Mac Vs PC

    I did not see a thread like this one already so hopefully this is not already done.

    The great computer debate, which is better, Mac or PC?

    I have used both Mac and PC, and personally my $300 Emachines PC works JUST as well as my girlfriend's $2,000 Mac. Actually I think the interface for my laptop is better. Everything that her Mac can do so can my PC for $1,700 less (not to mention PC has access to more programs, hardly ever can you find Mac programs on thepiratebay etc). Apple products are very overrated, especially the Mac. They may not have as many viruses, but with Norton neither does my PC. And Norton is not that expensive.

    Also the whole one button mouse on Mac makes me mad. Playing games is 5,000 times more difficult.

    This post is very unorganized, sorry for that haha.

    Opinions?

  2. #2

    Default

    Never considered a Mac.....I have a e machines PC and I have been happy with it.


  3. #3
    Forum God Hesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    2,392

    Default

    I had a Mac and gave it away. My four other PC's run four different OS's just fine. My main issue with Mac is the limited software. My business program isn't available for Mac so that's non negotiable - gotta run my business. As far as less viruses, I think this is a myth perpetuated by Apple. If you don't protect your rigs no matter what they are, you will get into trouble. I vote for PC.


  4. #4
    GrandMaitre Giantafrique FrancoPepeKalle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Shakopee, Minnesota
    Posts
    2,437

    Default

    I have to agree with Garrett and Hesta. PCs are three times better than Mac. Mac is so underdeveloped and it has less value. PC have been making important improvements and it has been able to have important improvements. Mac is so useless. PC wins too easily.


    Grand Maitre Franco & Giantafrique Pepe Kalle
    Music is the best when it has a strong banger. Music: R&B, Hip Hop, Rap, African, Latin, Rock & Roll, and Country. Ezali na la musique du la monde.
    Chief Luambo Yampanya Star

  5. #5
    Master Member thefallofjake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    There's a hole in the world like a great black pit and the vermin of the world inhabit it.
    Posts
    625

    Default

    I'm surprised there are no Mac fanboys/girls here.
    Most people who argue Mac better have spend so much money on them, and want them to seem better than the typical PC. When it comes to PC you have a far superior variety of computers to choose from. Where with Mac it's limited. Just about everything about Mac is limited.

    Also, some people I have argued with in person say that Macs are built better, blah blah blah. I've had my Emachines laptop 2 years now. Never had a problem with it, and its still in one piece. 8-9 months after Carlye got her Macbook one of her arrow keys came off. It's just about impossible to put back on, I've tried a few times. So she has to take it to the Apple store to fix it.

    PC>Mac
    Don't see why people waste so much money on Apple products. Iphones are so overrated.

  6. #6

    Default

    I vote mac, but that's because I could never do what I want with a PC. I use apple logic which is my personal favorite recording software. The majority of people I work with use logic. I haven't had a PC in a very very long time, so who knows but I remember my dell back in 2003 would always freeze, crash, get viruses, etc.

    Perhaps PCs have come a long way since then, and I sure do miss MS paint, but apple logic is my obsession and the way I make a living. Plus my max just runs smooooth.

  7. #7
    Forum God prekambrium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    Not really a computer guy, so I dont know which one is technically better.

    But I have had fewer problems with my mac than any other computer I have ever had. So I like mac.

  8. #8
    Forum God PPGcoolgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    A land down under.
    Posts
    2,902

    Default

    PC. Macs are too expensive. I have the same thing as Garrett, e-machines which has 1 terabyte of memory and 4GB RAM and it was not even $300. Macs also confuse me.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thefallofjake View Post
    I did not see a thread like this one already so hopefully this is not already done.

    The great computer debate, which is better, Mac or PC?

    I have used both Mac and PC, and personally my $300 Emachines PC works JUST as well as my girlfriend's $2,000 Mac. Actually I think the interface for my laptop is better. Everything that her Mac can do so can my PC for $1,700 less (not to mention PC has access to more programs, hardly ever can you find Mac programs on thepiratebay etc). Apple products are very overrated, especially the Mac. They may not have as many viruses, but with Norton neither does my PC. And Norton is not that expensive.

    Also the whole one button mouse on Mac makes me mad. Playing games is 5,000 times more difficult.

    This post is very unorganized, sorry for that haha.

    Opinions?
    So what are you just saying you game? because if we are talking about gaming it should be a whole different poll. lets be clear hear on what we are talking about. because the thread post is very broad. i think it all depends on what your using the computer for. if your gaming. PC. if youdownload and pirating software. PC. if your are working with media, such as film or music. MAC!!!!!! i to have used both. i was trying to record music with a 003 rack digidesign music interface, with albeton as my software, on a xp operating system. and you know what, nothing worked. getting stuff to record was like pulling my own teeth out of my head. nothing worked. and if it did it was because i just spent the last 15 minutes setting it up in the computer to work. then i got my mac pro. and switched to logic. now recording music on a professional level is just a click away. so in conclusion, it all depends on what your using the computer for. if you need to pinch pennies and you good with computers, sure get a pc, but if money is not the issue. and you never want to worry about another computer problem happening again. go mac it is just a superior machine. thats why you get what you pay for

  10. #10
    Master Member thefallofjake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    There's a hole in the world like a great black pit and the vermin of the world inhabit it.
    Posts
    625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clayzerlayzer View Post
    So what are you just saying you game? because if we are talking about gaming it should be a whole different poll. lets be clear hear on what we are talking about. because the thread post is very broad. i think it all depends on what your using the computer for. if your gaming. PC. if youdownload and pirating software. PC. if your are working with media, such as film or music. MAC!!!!!! i to have used both. i was trying to record music with a 003 rack digidesign music interface, with albeton as my software, on a xp operating system. and you know what, nothing worked. getting stuff to record was like pulling my own teeth out of my head. nothing worked. and if it did it was because i just spent the last 15 minutes setting it up in the computer to work. then i got my mac pro. and switched to logic. now recording music on a professional level is just a click away. so in conclusion, it all depends on what your using the computer for. if you need to pinch pennies and you good with computers, sure get a pc, but if money is not the issue. and you never want to worry about another computer problem happening again. go mac it is just a superior machine. thats why you get what you pay for
    You argued against yourself here. You said Mac is a superior machine, but you named off all the things a PC is better for at the beginning and gave one reason why the Mac is better. I've had my laptop, a PC, longer than my girlfriend has had her Macbook. So far she has had more trouble in a shorter time period than I have ever had.

    We are using a Mac to record our music, my band. Because of that reason. But as an overall computer a Mac is not worth the money compared to a PC. That's just my opinion though.
    "You compare me to a corpse!"

  11. #11

  12. #12
    Forum God sugarcane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In my head, trying to escape.
    Posts
    3,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoPepeKalle View Post
    I have to agree with Garrett and Hesta. PCs are three times better than Mac. Mac is so underdeveloped and it has less value. PC have been making important improvements and it has been able to have important improvements. Mac is so useless. PC wins too easily.
    Exactly how can you quantify 3 times better? And which machines are you comparing? And, seeing how a Mac does everything a PC does, how is it "so useless?"

    ----

    I favour macs. Windows is an appalling operating system, so full of bugs, really poor interface, and every feature is pretty much a poor copy of the Mac OS. Mac got there first with pretty much everything from mice and a GUI and pretty much all the major OS features. In fact, Apple are attributed with starting the whole home PC market in the first place, and inventing many markets, such as DTP and DTV...

    They are expensive, there's no denying that, but you get what you pay for - I've never seen a PC that comes close to the build quality of a Mac, especially the laptops.

    Macs are also high-end, people forget that. They don't do "budget" machines, and all macs are top spec'd and fully featured with everything you'll need.

    Plus you certainly get extra stability from the hardware/software combo that you do not get on windows or linux...

    So in Macs favour you have:

    • more stable operating system
    • no viruses
    • better build quality
    • better screens
    • better user experience
    • everything there, right out of the box, as those annoying commercials say lol
    • easy to use software not available on windows.

    On the down side, you have that bigger initial outlay.

    But the platform itself is worth it for the amazing software - from the free iLife suite to pro apps like Logic (easily the best audio software), Final Cut Studio etc.

    So for me, it's a no-brainer - Macs all the way.
    Today's Song NIN: Something I Can Never Have

    A piece of dung by any other name would smell just as bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Waits
    ... the odd thing about this life is always that you spend half your time trying to get people to listen to you and the rest of the time trying to get them to leave you the fcuk alone.

  13. #13

    Default

    There is no comparison.

    PC is better in every way than Mac ever would nor ever will.

  14. #14
    Master Member thefallofjake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    There's a hole in the world like a great black pit and the vermin of the world inhabit it.
    Posts
    625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sugarcane View Post

    So in Macs favour you have:

    more stable operating system
    no viruses
    better build quality
    better screens
    better user experience
    everything there, right out of the box, as those annoying commercials say lol
    easy to use software not available on windows.

    My laptop has a pretty stable operating system. 2 years, going on 3, no problems.
    My laptop has never had a virus, Norton does that for me.
    Better build quality is not really a good point to make. I've seen plenty of PCs that match up to the quality of a mac.
    Better screens have nothing to do with a desktop, I can plug my PC into my Samsung LED TV. My laptop screen is not as good as my girlfriends Mac, but I paid $300. About $600 I could probably get a screen that's the same.
    Better user experience is an opinion. Personally my experiences that I've had with Mac are absolutely horrible compared to a PC.
    my laptop, when I first got it, had to go through a personal setup, lasting no longer than 10-20 minutes. That doesn't really make me want to spend so much more money for a Mac though.
    If you're really wanting to run Mac programs on a Windows machine (Which, I'm sure you can find other software that compares) you can download a Mac OS X emulator.


    I honestly do not understand why Mac is becoming so popular. At one point I thought it was for the cool factor.


    Oh well, to each their own.

  15. #15
    GrandMaitre Giantafrique FrancoPepeKalle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Shakopee, Minnesota
    Posts
    2,437

    Default

    I have notice that many people that love Art a lot tend to use Mac.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •