Sibelius Academy, one of the biggest and most respected European music universities has helped two devoted software developers and professional musicians to finalize their Pitch Primer software for iPhone.
To see it on YouTube, click here.
The software is about learning to hear pitch purity more accurately, to improve playing in tune and for analysis purposes. Pitch Primer's features are the following:
PITCH PRIMER'S FIVE BASIC MODES
1. Standby – Tuning mode.
2. Record – Records audio, enabling the user to analyze it in real time.
3. Playback – Replays audio just as it was recorded.
4. Retune – Replays audio retuned pure to desired temperament, enabling the user to hear how the audio would sound in tune.
5. Analysis – It is possible to analyze recorded takes, scroll back and forth inside them, zoom in and out to examine the most interesting parts precisely and accurately
* Six different temperaments to choose from: (Equal temperament, Just intonation, Pythagorean tuning, Meantone 1/4 Meantone 2/7, Meantone 1/3)
* Scales: Chromatic scale, Major scale, Minor scale, Major triad, Minor triad
* A Hz: Free frequency calibration (default 440)
* Themes: Five visually appealing skins to choose from (Classic, Minimal, Zen, Rock, Gothic)
* Adjustable zoom
* Adjustable recording timeout
* History viewable by scrolling
* Histogram: Analyze the whole take - which notes were sharp, which were flat, which were pure and how much each was played
* Volume graph display (Optional)
* Exercises recorded: Keep, delete, rename and analyze
Pitch Primer is designed especially for woodwind and brass instruments, but instruments such as strings, vocals and others can reap the benefits as well. Currently available in US, Australia and Finland App Stores.
All comments and questions are more than welcome, please take a look and tell what you think of Pitch Primer.
Pitch Primer in iTunes App Store